Top Facts and Figures
- Decryptionary was first created around October 2017.
- “Decryptionary” is a blend word I coined. It is a blend of “decrypt” (the process of making a coded or unclear message understandable) and “dictionary”.
- I released Decryptionary with only 100 definitions at dozens of crypto Meetups in NYC. The feedback was astoundingly positive with nearly 90% of the individuals asking for more information and a link.
- Decryptionary rapidly gained popularity through guerilla marketing tactics on Reddit.
- Decryptionary went viral in the Litecoin subreddit.
- Used, mentioned, and linked by the Youtube star, Shameless Maya on December of 2017.
- Began collaborating with Matthew Aaron of the Crypto101 Podcast in December of 2017.
- Recognized in August 2018 by Upfolio as a Top 100 Blockchain Influencer.
- Now features nearly 400 definitions, many with ridiculous stick-figure images.
There are only 2 reasons why cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology aren’t in widespread use right now:
- The technology is not user-friendly—do you remember the slow Internet of the 90s? When we got DSL, the Internet boomed!
- The technology and words are not understood—very few people understand what “blockchain” is, who Satoshi is and how he relates to Bitcoin let alone the other hundreds of words, phrases, and abbreviations.
The purpose of Decryptionary.com is to make Bitcoin and blockchain terms simple, knowable so anyone can understand it.
Articles and Videos I’ve Been Featured In
- Top 100 Blockchain Influencer
- Shameless Maya
- Building a Crypto Manual
- Review of Decryptionary
- Understanding 2FA
- Why I Can't Hold Back
- What is Litecoin
Upfolio recognized Crypto101 Podcast and its key contributors as part of the Top 100 Blockchain Influencers.
The Youtube star, Shameless Maya, talks about “Bitcoin Cryptocurrency for Beginners” and uses/refers to Decryptionary.
The folks at Creative Minds interviewed me on how I created Decryptionary.
A review of Decryptionary
Authy, the major 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) service wrote an excellent blog article detailing answers to my questions.
Mastermind Within wrote an interesting piece detailing his perspective on crypto.
Market Business News wrote a detailed piece on Litecoin and mentioned me.
indaHash, the influencer marketing platform that uses crypto, shows you how to use their site and defines words using Decryptionary.
Youtube Personality, MissBeHelpful, talks about cryptocurrency and uses/refers to Decryptionary.
Podcasts Episodes I’ve Been On
- 7 Step Beginner's Guide
- Starting a Crypto Business
- Back to Basics 1
- Back to Basics 2
- Back to Basics 3
- Crypto Security
- Trading 101
My very first podcast, interviewed by Matthew Aaron of the Crypto101 Podcast, this is the 7 Step Beginner’s Guide to Cryptocurrency.
On this episode of the Crypto 101 Podcast, we interview Taylor Monahan of MyCrypto on what it was like to start a business in the crypto space.
On this episode of the Crypto101 Podcast, we talk about basic crypto terms.
On this episode of the Crypto101 Podcast, we talk about crypto slang.
On this episode of the Crypto101 Podcast, we talk about crypto tech terms.
On this episode of the Crypto101 Podcast, we interview Taylor Monahan on crypto security.
On this episode of the Crypto101 Podcast, we interview Carter Thomas, the Youtube Personality famous for his show, Coin Mastery.
Articles I’ve Written
What is Bitcoin for Dummies
A copy of Decryptionary’s first press release can be found below.