Discover how to buy cryptocurrency in 3 minutes or less.
Now that I’ve introduced you to cryptocurrency, and you’re familiar with the potential of crypto, you may be interested in learning how to buy crypto. Like me, you may have heard about the multi-million dollar pizza bought with bitcoin.
I’ll tell you now, bitcoin’s price has skyrocketed so that a single coin may cost you multiple thousands of dollars. Fortunately, you can actually purchase a fraction of a bitcoin for only a few dollars.
The following is the simple process I took in buying my first cryptocurrency. If you’re interested in buying more than just bitcoin, please finish this walkthrough and then check out my next one, How I Invested in Altcoins from Bitcoin.
Please note, nothing published by me or Decryptionary constitutes an investment recommendation, nor should any data or content published by Decryptionary be relied upon for any investment activities. Just because this was the easiest way for me to buy my first cryptocurrency, does not mean it is best for you. For more information, please refer to the Terms and Conditions.
Showing you how I bought bitcoin with Coinbase
Probably the easiest way to buy bitcoin is from a friend who already has some. He or she can not only sell you some of their bitcoin, but they can also set you up properly.
If you don’t have a friend who can do this, the next easiest way is probably with a credit card at one of these websites.
Coinbase.com is a website where you can buy and sell 3 of the most popular cryptocurrencies: bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin.
When you create an account with that link, you can get $10 free, after buy/sell $100 of digital currency. Plus, they’ll give me $10 so I can buy bubble teas for my wife and I.
Coinmama.com is a Slovakia-based company where you can buy and sell 2 cryptocurrencies: bitcoin and ethereum. I’ve heard it is popular with Europeans.
When you create an account with that link, Coinmama will give me a commission on whatever you buy.
Bitpanda.com is an Austrian-based company where you can buy and sell 4 cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Dash. They claim to be the most popular exchange in Europe.
When you create an account with that link, Bitpanda will give me a commission on whatever you buy.
1. Enter your email and click on [Get Started].
2. Enter your name, a password, select the state you live in, check the box to confirm you are a person, check the box to confirm over 18 and agree to their terms and click on [Create Account].
3. It will ask you to go to your email and click on a verification link sent to you. If you can’t find your verification email, refresh your mailbox and check your spam folder.
4. When you get the email, click on the [Verify Email Address] button.
5. You are now on the Coinbase website and a green banner at the top will tell you your email has been verified. Enter your email address and password.
6. You are now in your new account.